my sbc pro connection is slow

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hateuall, Nov 9, 2005.

1. hateuall

hateuall Private First Class

I just got a sbc pro yahoo dsl connection and it is only running at 1.11 Mbps and it is supposed to be around 2.5 or so. the max is at 3Mbps. I recycled and restarted and don't know what else to do. Anyone know?

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Where are you located? Where are you testing your speeds at? I can test locally on how fast my bandwidth is, but going else where, the speeds can slow down.

Your fastest speed is always the slowest link.

3. hateuall

hateuall Private First Class

I have tested at dslreport.com, download.com, and many others even in the state and i get around 800kbps to 1011kbps and i am supposed to be at average probably around 2500 kbps. Im in TExas. Help, someone who has sBC dsl whose had this problem.

4. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

how long have you had sbc, ….

5. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

how long have you had sbc, ….the reason I ask, I had a problem with sbc at their end, the hub would shut down, from power being interrupted. Ended up have a rep coming out to the house, and checking their lines outside, while calling homebase and having them check the hub……it kept shutting down, happened four or five times. They got it fixed, and until they did a software upgrade, I was getting 5-7 MB download speed….now days, I’m getting what I’m paying for which is the 1.5MB and it was suppose to be 256 up, but, still getting around 378 up. I’m not complaining….so my point is, have sbc check their hub…….wobbles

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds