InstallShield and Internet help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shalashaska, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Shalashaska

Shalashaska Private E-2

Over the past two months my installshield has been giving me huge problems. As soon as i put a game in and click install within 1 second it says "The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be launched. The RPC server is unavailable." I need help with this as i cant figure it out myself. Also as a topping on the cake. My internet runs very poorly. :rolleyes: The connection goes on and off all day and its hard to download much of anything. Its DSL connection. And we have had the Bellsouth maintance guy come look at it and it seems like the Hardware part of it is fine so I would appreciate ANY help with either of these. Thank you so much for any help.!!!!

2. Shalashaska

Shalashaska Private E-2

Also Ive tried Deleting the installshield folder so it will restart itself and although it restarted itself that didnt fix the problem.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Which Windows version are you using?

at a guess its XP, so are you fully upto date with all Service Packs and updates?

As its mentions RPC server unavailable have you checked to see if the service linked to RPC is started, plus a DCOM service in which is needed for installshield to run? to do this goto this location.....

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and look for Remote Procedure Call (RPC) make sure its started and the startup type is set to Automatic then DCOM Server Process Launcher is started and startup type is set to Automatic.

then try again,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds