Comp crashes while playing games, plz help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lowie57, May 14, 2007.

1. lowie57

lowie57 Private First Class

hey guys, im back... again.

up until yesterday my comp was running fine until i installed Might of Magic - Dark Messiah, since putting that on, my comp lagged up heaps, and my games CS:S and WoW keep crashing, i removed the game, didnt fix it, i used system restore and put it back a few weeks, still crashing, i cant figure out whats wrong, i reinstalled windows, didnt fix it, i got another copy of windows and tried that, still didnt fix it.

just a run down, my comp=

AMD Athlon 2600+ Barton Core
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mobo
    1gb Corsair DDR400 Value Ram
    Xpertvision X850XT
    Augire Power 460W PSU
    Seagate Barracuda 120g

With CS:S, i can play it for a little while, then it just crashes, i dont get any error reports or anything, the game just closes, it used to show an error report saying HL2.exe bla bla.

With wow it used to come up with Error #132,i went onto wow technical support and followed the steps with no success. but now it doesnt show the error message, my comp just completely crashes and restarts, i even unchecked automatic restart in the advanced systems tab, but it still fails,

im lost with what i can do, if anyone could please help me, i would greatly appreciate it.

PS: My drivers are up to date, and my windows updates are up to date.

Thanks guys

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Might of Magic - Dark Messiah has apparently been a cause of pc crashes, and from looking around it appears to be a bit buggy.

If you only did repair instead of complete format and reinstall, it would be better to fully format the drive, and reinstall.
    You can try sfc /scannow, with XP disc in the drive to repair Windows protected files, which can take around an hour, but no guarantees

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  3. lowie57

i did a complete format using NTFS system, not the fast one,
    reinstalled windows, all mobo and graphic drivers.

problem is still happening, i can play cs:s for a little while (1-5mins) then it will crash to desktop without an error report, but WoW is still just crashing my comp completely

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

It is more than likely to be a driver problem, then, if you did a full format.
    I have to go off-line, but will come back later, if no one else helps.
    Ther have been issues with some games, and drivers, and nvidia can be problamental.
    If you right click My Computer, manage, Event viewer, Application, and look for warning triangle, in the right pane (last crash) - double click the triangle , and write down what it says, and post it back here, - if I am not about , one of the brains on here might spot it, and help.

5. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

6. lowie57

ok i have gone to the manage page through my computer... oh my this is goin to be a long post, there are heaps of yellow triangles, and a few errors aswell...

ok here goes.

Error: Source: PerfNet, Catagory: None
    Unable to open the Server service. Server performance data will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.

as far as i can see this error has happened 7 times.

Warning: Source:Userenv, Category: None
    Windows saved user NADO-535F83608E\NaDo registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Warning: Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0, Category: Setup
    Updates to the IIS metabase were aborted because IIS is either not installed or is disabled on this machine. To configure ASP.NET to run in IIS, please install or enable IIS and re-register ASP.NET using aspnet_regiis.exe /i.

Error: Source: MsiInstaller, Category: None
    Product: Windows Presentation Foundation -- Error 2004. Method GetFontCacheDataFolder failed. HRESULT: 0x80004005.

Warning: Source: System.ServiceModel.Ins, Category: None

ok there is a few warnings under this Source, i will list them all.

1)HTTP namespace reservations are not installed.

2)HttpModules node ServiceModel does not exist in System.Web section group.

3)HttpHandlers node *.svc does not exist in System.Web section group.

4)All compilation assembly nodes do not exist in System.Web section group.

5)A configuration entry for BuildProvider System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceBuildProvider, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 does not exist.

6)Configuration section system.serviceModel.activation does not exist in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config.

7)Configuration section system.runtime.serialization does not exist in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config.

8)Configuration section system.serviceModel does not exist in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config.

9)Could not detect IIS installation or IIS is disabled, skipping the Web Host Script Mappings component since it depends upon IIS to function properly.
    If you believe this message is an error, check your IIS installation to make sure it is installed properly.

Warning: Source:Winmgmt, Category: None

1)A provider, Rsop Planning Mode Provider, has been registered in the WMI namespace, root\RSOP, but did not specify the HostingModel property. This provider will be run using the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Ensure that provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the HostingModel property of the provider registration to an account with the least privileges possible for the required functionality.

2)A provider, CmdTriggerConsumer, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\cimv2, to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests.

3)A provider, HiPerfCooker_v1, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\WMI, to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests.

well thats all of the errors and warnings i can see, there seems to be alot wrong there, im not to experienced with what it all mean sorry.

hope this helps

7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I would ask the Malware department, on that.(Move post)
    It seems far too much for normal problems

8. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

It seems like it has a root virus/hack, but it might just be the game that caused corruption. You could look at the Major Attitude 's

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27385
    I would wait for someone else to come on to help, but , if it was my computer,
    1/I would wipe the hard drive, use a utilty to write zeros, to the whole disk, and I use Disk Wizard ( because I like to do it quick, and easy), and rebuild mbr, partition,and activate, all with the same program,.
    You can format with the XP disc, but I just like a complete wipe, if I am wary of something.

9. lowie57

i did find a hidden user account named ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0
    im guessing that this is not normal, i couldnt work out why windows wouldnt sign me in automatically, because i dont have a password on my user account, but if kept coming up with the welcome screen, so i went into the users and found that account.

Cs:s seemed to be working ok after deleting that account, i havnt tried wow yet.

also a noob question... how do i move my post? do i have to start it again?

10. lowie57

ok, scratch that last post, its all gone back to how it was, i have no idea as to whats going on, i will try some other games now and see if it happens to them also

11. lowie57

ooookay, i just tried Ghost recon AW, Call of duty 2, they both crahed to desktop, and i tried scarface, and as soon as i got to the menu screen my comp locked up and had to hard shutdown..

12. lowie57

hmmm, there must be someone else who has an idea!

13. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

14. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If you find it is not Malware-
    From my last post to another with games problems/crashing etc:
    Someone else with games problems, found that installing a codec pack solved it, but I cannot find the post.
    Another found that a gambling game fixed his, and when I looked through, and into it, it seems that it uses a flash version 8 , or, higher, and javascript enabled- again I cannot find the post at the moment.

15. lowie57

ok im starting my comp fresh,

deleting all my partitions, and formatting it over again as we speak

if there are still problems after this, then it must be hardware issues.

i will keep you posted

16. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Damn first thing u should have checked was temps....haven't scanned all the post but primary shut down threshold are temps and primary generation of temps is from gaming.

Use a system monitor like EVEREST:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Run ur system and post back the Temps

it may jsut need a good clean, removal and replacement of HS and ur bak.

17. zanni

zanni Private E-2

i agree with the previous poster, the first thing i would have checked was temps. I would guess you just have a fan that failed.

what type of HS/fan do you have? overclocking?

18. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Now, the troops have arrived,Lowie57, you just had to keep holding on.
    Hope they looked at your log file, too, and can suggest an answer there.

19. lowie57

hey guys, been away for a bit, my temps are good, like they arent even that hot to touch, so that wasnt a problem, anyways i did a full format, deleted the partitions and what not, and my problem is fixed, and actually i have gained quite a bit of fps which is wierd lol,

and im only OC'ing my cpu a little bit, but temps arent getting over 65 degrees, im not really fussed with oc'ing my card, allthough i could coz its got a meaty *** heatsink on it, it like takes up 1/2 - 2/3 of the card! lol

thanks for ur time guys

20. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Pleased to see the format worked so well, - Like I said , sometimes its quicker and makes sure all problems are eliminated, rather than keep getting niggles.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds