DAUpdate.exe please

Discussion in 'Software' started by lexd, Oct 24, 2014.

1. lexd

lexd Private E-2

DAUpdate is a sound file update for Windows XP own files, as I'm missing a DAPlayer.dll file

does anyone have a copy please to got this computer going correctly?

Thanks in advance and hope someone can make it available on the net.

2. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Try removing and re-installing the software that needs it. Or check their website.

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, lexd. Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

I'm in the process of searching my entire XP drive for "DAUpdate" and haven't found such a file. Do you happen to know the exact name of the .dll file you're missing?

4. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

it seems that the missing file is linking to this website try here and download the software again. http://www.digiarty.com/

5. lexd

lexd Private E-2

DAUpdater.exe I understand is the full name. The DAUpdater.exe file contains about 50 files that reinstall into Windows XP. The MS web site use to support it but now include these files in other Windows 7&8 software. The main key file is DAPlayer.dll but I suspect the others around it (about 50) are just as important.
    I'm open to other idea's like manually installing all the files if I knew what they are.

6. lexd

lexd Private E-2

7. lexd

lexd Private E-2

if you go into regedit: - DaUpdater is listed as a program
    But the DaUpdater.dll file is not registered and the file is not in my windows/system32 folder
    so I'm clearly of need of it
    I cannot install a sound driver without it.
    My sound card is on and part of the motherboard and waiting to go and I know I have the correct driver as it was on it before, and tried other latter date drivers to.
    I tried MS_fixit but did not help
    I installed a youtube downloader that brought to my attention of missing DAUpdater.dll
    And the internet says I need it for sound.

8. mdonah

What's the exact make and model of your computer? My Dell Precision M70 has "built-in" audio as well (Sigmatel C Major audio) and has no such .dll or program as DaUpdater. In the WDM folder for the Sigmatel audio driver, there's a stac97co.dll and that's the only .dll file amongst the files that are installed.

9. lexd

lexd Private E-2

The make and model is Windows XP Pro SP2

10. lexd

lexd Private E-2

I found there is a copy of DAUpdater.exe
    software: - dragon age
    Manufacturer: - stream

but I do not now anything about this product at all

11. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

No it is not. It is part of a program you have installed.

I have two XP SP3 updated computers in the house. I have system files set to show, I have extensions set to show and I have protected files set to show. I use Void Tools Search Everything to do my searches.
    Neither computer has DAUpdate.exe, DAUpdater.exe, or DAUpdater.dll.

http://www.processlibrary.com/en/directory/files/daupdate/24514/

I found some steam games use this and MPlayer uses this and a player by Digiarty.
    http://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/daplayer-dll/18100204
    http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/digiarty/digiarty/daplayer-dll

Since I don't have any steam games, nor Mplayer installed in Windows (I think I tried it in linux) nor a player by Digiarty, my XP SP3 computers don't have the files you are looking for.

12. lexd

lexd Private E-2

I have a new/fresh copy of windows XP Pro SP2

The sound was going perfectly on old copy

from the start I was not able to install a sound driver
    I checked the hardware was on
    I ran MicrosoftFixit-portable.exe with no success
    Driver still would not install
    the only thing from the equation is windows is missing a file
    I installed WinX youtube downloader and it was asking for DAPlayer.dll from windows.
    I found DAPlayer.dll was listed in my registry but not as a file.

The computer is a dell GX270 and even the drivers used before on dell computers do not install.

So to me its obvious I have a *.DLL missing from windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And it was not installed with the new installation.

I had to repair winsock because that was not working ether with this copy of windows XP too.

13. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

For the fun of it, I installed WinX YouTube Downloader in an XP sp3 virtual machine. Here's the list of files installed as a result in the Program Files directory.
    Code:
    c:\Program Files\Digiarty\WinX_YouTube_Downloader 
    daccess.dll
    [B]daplayer.dll[/B]
    download.dll 
    libcurl-4.dll
    libiconv-2.dll
    libpcre-0.dll
    libpthread-2.dll 
    mux.dll
    online_video.dll
    pthreadGC2.dll 
    unins000.dat
    unins000.exe
    unins000.msg
    WinX_YouTube_Downloader.exe
    The problems you're having with your PC have nothing to do with the bad installation of WinX YTD.

14. lexd

lexd Private E-2

Ok I found DAPlayer.dll in program files WinX
    I opened it up in wordpad.exe
    A windows file Zlab.dll is missing
    Also zmbv.dll is used by DAPlayer.dll
    Just to name a few

But How do I get the full group of windows sound files that include these files
    I can manually install them but their must be a better way?

Lex Dean

15. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Those file names are just strings contained withing daplayer.dll
    They are not statically or dynamically linked to daplayer.dll, which means that those files have no bearing at all in the running of WinX YouTube Downloader.

What is the actual driver (name and version) that your are trying to install?
    What error code do you receive when trying to install?

16. mdonah

This is the Operating System not the make and model of the computer. Doing so won't give you the file(s) you're looking for, but if it's 32-bit XP, you need to download and install SP3 and get rhe ensuing Srcurity updates.

17. lexd

lexd Private E-2

I Put SP3 in but thats not using common sense

Windows xp has sound at SP1 so SP2 and Sp3 is not the cure.

18. mdonah

It is using common sense it you intend to go online for ANYTHING including streaming audio in XP.

You need to go into Device Manager and uninstall the current audio driver, go to your computer manufacturer's support site (ie. Dell, HP, Lenovo, Compaq, etc.) and download and install the most recent audio driver for your particular computer BEFORE attempting to use any audio app (ie. WMP, Winamp, iTunes, etc.) otherwise you won't get any sound from your speakers or headphones. It;s not the other way around.

19. lexd

lexd Private E-2

That's the stupid thing I cannot install the sound driver I have windows files missing, Because the windows files are missing the driver will not install.

I have tried MS fit it and it jammed up the computer so bad I have re-installed windows only to have the same problem

20. mdonah

I'm afraid it's beyond my comprehension how you can be "missing" Windows files if you did a clean install from the XP installation CD. I'm now suspecting that the CD is in some way defective/corrupt. See if you can obtain another CD, preferably an OEM version (the Product Key on the sticker on the computer will work to activate Windows) so that the additional files included for your brand of computer will be installed as well.

I know you're in New Zealand but ebay may have what you need.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds