windows media player wont work with nv 77.77 drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by jayheld90, Aug 23, 2005.

1. jayheld90

jayheld90 Private E-2

ok, i cannot get any video to play with anything above the 77.xx drivers for my nvidia card. but, anything below those and its works fine...anyone know what is going on here and can help me? im running windows xp pro, amd64 3000+, 1024mb ram, evga 6600gt 128mb. im thinking maybe there is some kind of conflict and im going to try running driver cleaner, but if that doesnt work then i dont know from there.

2. jayheld90

jayheld90 Private E-2

ok, i tried driver cleaner and it still does it. its kind of annoying to have to rollback my drivers just to watch a game preview or watch a music video... i dont know if its a problem with thier drivers, like if anyone else is having this problem or its some kind of conflict on my end. they dont have anything about it on the nvidia site, and cleaning the old drivers out obviously didnt do anything.

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

What version of WMP are you using?
    If your drivers are up to date, the first thing I would do would be to download any updates for WMP, and failing that, try another version.

I'm not a huge fan of WMP, but I've had most success with version 9 myself. It's available for download at microsoft.com

4. k2d3rad

k2d3rad Private E-2

I had the same problem with real player. I went to nvidia display, click on color correction. There's a box on the top left hand side, it was set to desktop. Clicked arrow on right and chose "all". Before all my colors were washed out. This solved it for me.

5. jayheld90

jayheld90 Private E-2

ok, i was running wmp 9 then i updated to 10, also they wont play in winamp or any other program either. i also tried downloading the codecs from microsoft, still nothing. i tried the color correction thing, that doesnt work either. i dont think i really made clear what the problem was, when i try to play any mpeg, avi or any files like that it locks up the player and goes to program not responding which i have to ctrl+alt+del. it hasnt seemed to matter anything i do, but if i roll back the drivers they play fine...but that causes issues with the games i play, BF2, Rome: Total War, etc. if anyone could help that would be grand.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds