Flooded by Katrina

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iwant2ride, Oct 10, 2005.

1. iwant2ride

iwant2ride Private E-2

Looking to save some pics and music that was completely submerged for awhile. Would like to know how to procede.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I probably wouldn't try to run the HDD in any machine. If (and I'm sure this is the case) any particles floated into the drive and are now on the platters, you heads will crash, and that will be very bad.

I would recommend a data recover service. They aren't cheap but it's what I recommend.

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Yea its the single best and definitaly the safest, most assured way to get your data back.

4. iwant2ride

iwant2ride Private E-2

Thanks,

I was hoping to pull the hard drive and connect it to another computer and then load to another drive. But if you think thats not an option I'll check out a data recover.

Thank again

5. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

It is an option, but if you can't afford to loose the data, then i definitaly wouldn't mess with it as its a tricky recovery job. I guess it all depends on what the data is worth to you. Heres some links
    http://www.ontrack.com/
    Even looks like they have some things specially for people people having issues caused by katrina.

6. iwant2ride

iwant2ride Private E-2

Want to thank all who gave me info.

Thanks for the help I really apprecitated it.

I am looking into the recovery link ontrack.com.

7. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Is it a coincidence that things that cause havoc, disaster and loss are named after women?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds