No Ethernet Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by Drunk3nP3ngu1n, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Drunk3nP3ngu1n

Drunk3nP3ngu1n Private E-2

just reformated my Dell Optiplex GX260, and when I did it did not have the ethernet driver. So i put in my resource CD and upload the driver. That didnt work, I went to Dell support on my father's laptop to download the driver from there. I put it on a CD and installed it on my computer went through all the onscreen instruction rebooted my pc only to find that did not work. I'm all out of ideas and would like some help :)

2. DeweyBad

DeweyBad Private First Class

Hello sometimes you have to open the PC and look at a chip on the motherboard and tell us if it is a 3com network or an intel network driver.

:cool :cool :major

3. Drunk3nP3ngu1n

Its a 3 com, and i just purchased pci one

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

If you have not already, install the Chipset driver for your PC, it will be on the resource CD or on DELLs website for your model PC.

Chipset drivers are needed as they allow the OS to properly configure many onboard hardware items, then install the Network drivers.

5. Drunk3nP3ngu1n

My Chipset drivers wont install on my new pc
    Nvidia nforce2 ultra 400 nvidas website drivers wont work
    my mobo is a AbitNf7

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds