Annoying Lag Problem.

Discussion in 'Software' started by ScrewSociety62, May 27, 2009.

1. ScrewSociety62

ScrewSociety62 Private E-2

Hi guys.

I have a problem that I only get playing the multiplayer portion of games. I get 2 minutes of lag free gaming, then almost on the dot I get exactly 5 seconds of lag. It's not an ISP problem, because I had one ISP, and it did it, then when I changed it the problem persisted. I'm running Windows Vista, and anything else you need to know to help me fix it, I can provide. Thanks.

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

5 seconds of lag?? I wish all I had was 5 seconds of lag sometimes :-D Can you be more specific, which games are you playing?

BTW - a warm welcome to the forums.:)

How much RAM do you have installed? I doubt this is the cause of your problem, and you more than likely have plenty, but you should state how much you have so others can come and help

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  3. ScrewSociety62

Any game with multiplayer. If everybody has a ping under 60 (which happens), and mine is like 40, it will skyrocket to 999 for 5 seconds and go back. It happens in CoD4, Combat Arms, Halo, whatever.

EDIT: Didn't read your entire post. Thank you for the welcome, and 3.00GB of ram.

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  4. F4tal3rror

F4tal3rror Private E-2

What are the rest of your system stats, and does anyone else use your connection? (like a family or partner)
    I'm doubting, as it seems more widespread, but a bad server sometimes has lag spikes, and everyone's pings go up..but it's just you, isn't it?

5. ScrewSociety62

Yes, other members of my family use the connection, but even when i'm home alone and nothing but my computer is connected I have the problem. It's definitely not the server, because it happens identically in every single multiplayer game I play, and it doesn't happen to any of the other computers connected to the same connection as me, so the problem must be with my PC. I'm not at home right now, but when I get home i'll edit this post with my specs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds