file locked..but not

Discussion in 'Software' started by mpc458, Jan 3, 2004.

1. mpc458

mpc458 Private First Class

Hello all...here's my problem.
    Using kazaalite..still have kazaa full installed..downloaded a nonpirated file..trying to move it and I keep getting the error mes..file beinging used by another user or program...which it's not. So I've tried renaming it, moving it, cutting it, even went into safe mode still wont move or delete. Even went as far as a system restore and NOTHING. and this is all on XP PRo sp1
    Here's more weird stuff, when I go into the folder where the alleged file is located and I do anything to it my P4 2.6 gig 768sdram hits 100% in cpu usage. Have to CRT/ALT/DEL and find that the file is not responding.....
    So what ya think?? Virus maybe?? my AV is up to date and running.
    Please advise.
    Many Thanks and Happy New Year

2. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

3. SirCanealot

SirCanealot Private E-2

Actually, check this thread: http://www.hardware-pacers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3192 :p

I asked that early last year when I used to download a lot from Direct Connect. Seems like the same problem...
    Taking out the first reg entry always fixes me up, I never bother with the second one.

4. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Looks like a much more straightforward solution :)

5. mpc458

mpc458 Private First Class

bad file

You guys rule...thanks again for all who helped me out.
    Went ahead with the deletion of the regkey and yes worked like a charm.
    again many thanks.
    mpc458

6. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

No, no, you have it wrong. We don't rule the world.

yet... ;)

7. slaverunner_2002

slaverunner_2002 Private E-2

Nonresponsive computer using Kazaalite...

OK, dude...if you've figured it out forgive me, I am new here.
    I use Kazaalite a ton, and if your comp is saying "files in use by another program, make sure you disconnected AND exited from Kazaalite completely. This will work, save you from losing hair, and allow you to keep using Kazaalite.
    Have you tried to run Kazaalite Resurrection yet? It works great on my comp, which even tho behind a router,
    Happy filesharing, mate.
    Also, how do you download a NONpirated file from Kazaalite ? get real, man, everyone knows you shagged a file now. LOL

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds