Have a great 4th

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DavidGP, Jul 3, 2005.

1. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

To all my good friends in the States.. have a great

4th July Celebrations

eat, drink be happy but above all be safe ;)

2. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

Seconded... :)

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I'll have to get my fireworks dude to send out a special shipment for geeks :p

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Have a good forth you must!
    :)

5. gouche

gouche Private E-2

LOL! Don't mean much to me but I hope everyone in the States has a good time!

6. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

Same to you! :)

7. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Have a Happy Independence Day folks!.

Oh, B.T.W.- Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence?

http://kenilworthveterans.com/July4/

Attached Files:

8. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

9. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

LOL. I was waiting for someone to post that.

What is clearly true, is that those men did indeed stake their lives on the outcome. Some of them DID pay dearly before it was over. If we'd failed, they'd all have been hunted and tried as traitors, and most likely killed. This was nothing like being involved in a protest today.

Happy Independence Day all, and thanks to our friends outside the States for your wishes. :)

10. Phantom

Heh!, heh!, I knew I'd at least get G.T. to bite on that one. ;)

It’s truth, albeit rather distorted, mixed with a few half-truths, like most mythology (Note: Mythology does NOT mean false, mythology mean precisely that - what we base our 'Lore' on (as opposed to 'Law'). It may, or may not be true, or partly thereof.

Personally, I'm waiting for the 5th November. The British amongst us will know what that means.;)

11. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I know. And I get the point. I just don't find it necessary to glurge their efforts when what they actually did was so impressive. Ya know? :)

12. G.T.

It's the Hollywood mentality. We always want more WOW! ;)

13. Phantom

Bah, I personally fought, and near died for my country, and worse still, other people's country. No one ever even said thank you. :rolleyes:

Okay, it might not have been such a significant an event, but a lot of good men did die. Another forgotten conflict. :rolleyes:

14. G.T.

Thank you Phantom. Any event that men fight and die in is significant, to those involved and to those they're fighting for, even if it's not spectacular enough to make headlines and memorials.

15. Natakel

Natakel Guest

You certainly have my thanks. I got lucky with my military stint . . . nobody ever shot at me. The level of engagement isn't the point - the point is you walked into harms way for your country and your oath.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds