Cookies-XP SP2 IE7

Discussion in 'Software' started by jackg304, Feb 1, 2008.

1. jackg304

jackg304 Private E-2

OS-- Windows XP-SP2 Home Ed. Browser IE7
    I am having a problem signing on to ebay. The message reads ( The browser you are using will not accept cookies ) I have been selling on ebay for years & never had this problem.
    I uninstalled ie7 & tried ie6 with no luck. I re-installed ie7 & still it wont let me in.
    I have run 2 anti-spyware programs (AVG Anti-spyware, Regerstered version &
    SpywareDetector, deleted cookies. ran disk cleanup, ran antivirus, ran check disk & defraged with no success. I also checked to see if the cookies were enabled & they were. I dont know anything else to do. Can any of you help?
    I am using FIREFOX now & I dont have a problem.
    Thanks for your time,
    jack. :confused

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I remember having this happen - I believe it was the popup blocker in IE7, - eBAY seems to need your permission, - Seagate, also would not let me look at some pages without allowing popups.

3. jackg304

jackg304 Private E-2

Thanks, I just turned off the pop-up blocker & it didn't make any difference.
    Jack

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Have you got McAfee , latest update? I gather this is giving this sort of problem - could be worth checking the allow list in your firewall, and parental control of explorer( If you use parental control)

5. jackg304

jackg304 Private E-2

i dont have McAfee. i had some old files & i got rid of all of them.

6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Sorry, the Mc Afee was an example, sometimes an antivirus update can play up.
    Another thing that can cause problems, can be an add on to Explorer.
    If you go to Explorer, Tools, manage add ons, and click on all add ons,one at a time, and disable them.I have known some of these to play up in Explorer, and like yourself, would use Firefox, until I found the problem. I have seen acrobat reader, and the odd active X addon cause it, in the past.
    As a quick try, you can disable them all, if it clears it, enable them one at a time to see which one, is playing up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds