trying again

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by zombi2, Mar 3, 2012.

1. zombi2

zombi2 Private E-2

Hello all.

I'm just curious why the account I made with this name last month was deleted?
    I don't see how I could be banned before my one and only thread is approved, especially since there was nothing against the rules (the game trials part was clearly a joke).

I was just wondering if that folder was something I should worry about especially considering the title. I checked here constantly for days to see if it had been put up yet , then one day BAM, I can't log in. At that point I gave up but considering some time has passed now I wanted to try to check it again. When I try to retrieve password I get a message that my email is not associated with an account! :confused

The only reason I registered again is because otherwise I can't see the members list. Guess I don't need to now though, if I'm able to create a profile with the same name as before then clearly my account was wiped for some reason. I know you guys are really busy on this site but shouldn't I have gotten a message of some kind? I would've preferred a quick "f--- off" in my GB than to be left hanging for days.

Take care :)

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome.:)

I'm not sure what your thread was or what the games trial was that you are referencing. Therefore, I can't tell you what caused the deletion. The number one reason for that would be for spam. Again, I don't recall your thread, but it may have looked like spam depending on what you had in it.

You are welcome to post your question again if you'd like.

3. zombi2

zombi2 Private E-2

As far as I know it was never posted. When I submitted it there was a message that the admin. would have to approve it or something like that. I thought the same would happen with this one but it went up right away. :confused

I've found a little info since then but I'm still unclear on how it works. I have a download membership on a site and their download center is handled by iwin. Some things were glitchy and CS can't figure out the problem. .. so I looked in the game files to see if I could find anything that was causing it. I ended up finding these .ifn shortcuts (one in each games' folder) that leads to a folder called "Fake iwin Games" in ProgramData. I checked the properties on the shortcut and the separate memory space is checked and greyed-out, file path invalid.

C:\ProgramData\Fake iWin Games\iWinGames.exe STARTGAME_LOCAL 1737773454844582505

I don't know crap about computers, the only things I've learned is from digging around the files all the time, especially games (this is where I jokingly stopped myself short of saying "trying to reset the free trials"), and I never saw shortcuts like this in any games I have from Big Fish or anybody else so I'm wondering if it's important . Last thing I did was to try to get it from a game just as it was installing and it worked. I got to the "Fake" folder from the shortcut but it was in Program Files not ProgramData. I went to permissions and was going to take ownership but I had to go a step back and correct something, when I hit the tab again I got the "invalid file path" message. But honestly If it weren't for that title I wouldn't bothered in the first place!

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

If that was your post the last time, I'm not sure why it and you were deleted.

What I'm going to suggest is you post as much info as you can on your issue in the Software Forum in a new thread. Make sure you include your computer specs as well.

5. zombi2

zombi2 Private E-2

I'll try that. It's pretty much the same post though the original was longer.

The only real difference was the screenshots I put in the first. One of the shortcut's properties, the other was the Fake iwin Games folder permissions.

I guess there may have been a glitch or something, but it's weird how my profile vanished.
    My browser even lost my stored password, only my username was left!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds