OH Canada!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jazagod, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

First off, it wont stop snowing! it started two days ago, as an inch or two, and now , well, it's just out of hand, the sides of the roads have mounds of snow over my head from the snow plows, its at least 16 inches everywhere else, and I live across the street from the ocean! Not just that but the wind has been up to about 50 60 MPH. I'm Canadian so about 100KPH, sometimes more! I live very close to Halifax, in Nova Scotia, but i'm from British Columbia,Canada, where we are lucky to ever get snow(for more than a day or two).
    I took a few pictures, but the rez was to high to upload, and my batteries died in my camera. Im gonna look into shrinking the file size as i dont know how to yet, and show it off. it may seem boring but it is so much snow!!
    if you have tips on the old digital camera,make pictures smaller in size info. Pass it on to me because I'm a noob at that stuff. Also i'm looking for snowshoes, or how to make them in a pinch.

I was also curious on thoughts about the internet explorer 7?
    what do you think? more snow than sunshine?

I forgot to mention that snow drifts are engulfing cars:eek:

2. Jazagod

ol' digital camera thing...
    hehe, not OLD ccamera :)

3. Lapsed

Lapsed Corporal

Wow , I've never actually witnessed something like that ( apart from seeing it on the tele' ). But sounds cool ,probably not for you though :)

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I wish it would snow here.

It's 35 C (95F) today and no wind. Stinking bloody hot.

New Years Day was 44 C (111F) and I felt like I was in an oven.

Not to mention bushfires everywhere.

Closest thing to snow I've ever seen is in my freezer.

5. Jazagod

is there a way for me to shrink picture quality so i can upload a pic? there are jpeg. also at the moment they are 1.5 meg pics, acn i half that? .75, or better .30 ?

6. Sasquatch77

Sasquatch77 MajorGeek

Here in western New York, we at times get what`s called..."lake-effect" snow. This is a phenomenon where frigid air flows over a Great Lake, which s relatively warm compared to the air. There have been times where it will snow up to 5 inches an hour, or even more, depending on wind speed and temperatures. There have been entire houses(not little ranches either) buried by snow. Obviously, it does slow things down a bit...but when I was living in NC an inch of snow was rare and the entire area would be paralized. Just goes to show how people adapt to thier environment.

7. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Assuming you're using Windows XP, the simplest way to resize an image is to use the Microsoft Power Toys "Image Resizer". Download and install it, then simply right-click the image you want to tweak, choose "Resize" from the pop-up menu, and resize it to the size you want. Grab it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

8. Jazagod

Don't laugh, im on win 98 at the moment....till the snow melts
    :)
    any more suggestions:confused:

9. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

i was just going to suggest the same thing. sure it wont work with 98?

10. Jazagod

A clear spot yesterday.......Before it snowed another 12+ inches, and the wind.
    abour a 1 hour window, or the eye?
    like i said , my batteries died, i'll go get new ones tommorow, or a plane ticket!

Attached Files:

11. Insomniac

12. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

You could try Infranview. It's free and it does a lot, and is user friendly.

13. Insomniac

I would never have thought of suggesting IrfanView. :)

14. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Oops!...Guess I didn't see ya post in my breeze through the forum. :eek:

Welp, he can't say it wasn't suggested. :D

Paint Shop Pro is also a good 'un, and is d/l'ed in the form of a fully functional Demo.

15. Insomniac

16. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

Does win 98 have paint? Play with the "Stretch/Skew" option under "Image".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds