Blue Screen on Boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by comperroruter, Feb 22, 2006.

1. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

I purchased a GeForce FX 5200 for my computer. I installed it into the PCI slot and fastened it in as instructed. My computer booted up fine with it, noticed the hardware, etc. I then uninstalled my Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Driver (my onboard driver) and restarted. Blue screen. Nothing else except a mouse pointer. Should I not have removed the onboard graphics driver? I could not install the driver for the new PCI card because of the blank blue screen. I am assuming that the Intel Extreme Graphics Driver is not a WDM?

Any help is appreciated.:)

2. comperroruter

3. comperroruter

bumpity bump

4. comperroruter

bump..PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

5. Geek-A-Hertz

Geek-A-Hertz Private E-2

It's only been 10 minutes since your original post. Everyone on here has different areas that the are best in and if their busy, their busy.

I'm not that hot on Video cards but I'll see what I can do.

First try removing your new card and booting with your original on board controller.

6. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

The correct order would be to uninstall the old drivers, shut down your computer, install the new video card, boot into bios and disable onboard video. Then, you should boot into Windows and install drivers.

You might see if you can get back into Windows (safe mode) with your onboard video card and uninstall ALL video card drivers. Then disable onboard video and try the new video card.

P.S. this board is not usually very fast. It would not be unusual to go an hour between replys. Bumping doesn't really help...

7. comperroruter

<--notoriously impatient, not implying that my post was more important than anyone elses. I neglected to hook my monitor into the new card. Yes, DUH, I know. Thanks for the help though. Should I still go into BIOS and uninstall the onboard drivers? I disabled them in Device Manager. Won't that be enough?

Thanks for the help all...no bumps, I promise.:)

8. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

oh and, yes, you should and update your NVIDIA drivers while your at it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds