date problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by robbo26, Aug 3, 2012.

1. robbo26

robbo26 Private E-2

the date on my laptop has started displaying mm instead of the month ie 03/mm/2012 i have tried to reset the date and the day and year will change but no matter which month i choose it just displays mm could anyone please help me with this?
    thankyou
    robbo26

2. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Go to Control Panel -> Region and Language.
    Check that short and long date formats are set correctly. If they are, try toggling to another format then click Apply > OK - then toggle back to the desired format - Apply > OK.
    Let me know how things go :)

3. robbo26

robbo26 Private E-2

thanks nullptr that did the trick. robbo26

4. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

You're most welcome and thanks for the feedback.

5. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

could someone please tell me where the welcome forum is i'd been on here for two hours and i can't get to ask anyone my request for help. my right click drop down menu is mostly greyed out and i can't copy,cut,paste and sometimes even the whole context menu is greyed out,on the desk top,on word,on web pages every where,i know this is the wrong place to post but i don't know what else to do.....Heellllllp winxp sp3
    jeetkunedo

6. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

You're in the right forum(Software) jeetkunedo, but you need to start a new thread concerning you're problem so that others can distinguish your problem from the one in this thread. When you do, please include your OS(XP-sp3), explanation of the problem again and what applications, by name(s), you're having this issue with. As well as any other details that might be important. Changes you've made lately, new applications installed etc.

To start a new thread, click on the "New Thread" button near the upper left of the "Software" Forums page. See thumbnail.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds