Problem connecting to sites from Aust

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mgpower0, Feb 20, 2007.

1. mgpower0

mgpower0 Corporal

At the moment I am having problems connecting to a number of DC sites/ servers etc from Australia. I know that the sites are accessible as others on my DC team are having no problems connecting(from other countries). I have cleared DNS caches browser caches etc, no change. Not an ISP problem as I have tried with a number of carriers with different DNS servers. These are the 2 sites
    www.rieselsieve.com
    www.stephenbrooks.org

Trace route never reaches site and have also ping'd sites with all packets lost

2. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Hi MG

When I first read your Post I found problems sighting those two websites from IE, but could sight them from Firefox and noted at the time that the websites has posted an access problem to readers. (I had a similar problem with another Australian website I couldn't access with IE but could with Firefox).

Today I checked IE and found both websites were accessible. If you're still having problems with one type of web browser, try another type as I did....also check directly with the site owners if still having problems (as I have done with other sites in the past and they helped in resolving my problems).

Good luck...Cheers

LS

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds