helllo everyone and do i have a weird problem

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by treasurecoast, Jul 15, 2008.

1. treasurecoast

treasurecoast Private E-2

Hello everyone. I have a very weird, crazy problem. I gave my old HP Desktop Pavillion w/Windows XP to my Taiwanese housekeeper so she could e-mail her brother in Taiwan. It was repaired by my neigbor Geek and worked fine. I set it up in her house - she has a monitor, mouse & keyboard - and it wouldn't start. The 3 scanning dots on the XP logo would move, then stop, then the monitor on-off light would go off (amber). I switched the monitor, but no change. I took it back to my Geek friend, and he said it was OK. I took it to my home, and it worked fine for a week. She had subscribed to NetZero, and, as my laptop was out being repaired, I used it fine, albiet vey "dial up" slow. Well, to try to shorten this, I now have the PC in the exact configuration as it worked in y house in her apart, and it won't work except in SAFE MODE. Can't go anywhere from that. HELP!

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome :)

I'm thinking you need to start off by posting in the Hardware Forum.

Good luck.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds