Linksys EZXS55W Switch LED colors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frapper, Jan 6, 2009.

1. frapper

frapper Private First Class

I just picked up a Linksys EZXS55W switch and it works great (like the reviews said it would). I'm just curious about the LED colors on the front display.

The top row is Link/Act. It's green
    The middle row is "100" for speed. And it's green.
    But the bottom row is for Full/Col. And it's solid orange.

It's for data collision and Full/Half Duplex mode. Is is supposed to be orange instead of green? Why orange?

I assume a LED can only be one color and not change.

Thanks for answering a question that's more a curiosity. :cool

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

3. frapper

Thanks lbmest. That's why I was confused, the company seems to say that they should be green ("Each LED will light up green when there is a connection made through its corresponding port."). Apparently someone decided to change the specs but not the FAQS or visual aids. Thanks too for the forum link. ;)

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I belieive LEDs can change color. I had a Westell modem that the power light was supposed to be green. When I was having trouble it was lit up red, I thought everything was OK because it was lit. As my problems got worse I called tech support and was told it was supposed to be green. Watching as I powered it on, I realized it was green for a second and then turned red.

Not saying that there it something wrong with your model, just that lights that appear to have only one color can have more than one.

5. frapper

Weird. Actually that was another question I was going to ask, but didn't: can LEDs change colors? Well, it works fine with the solid ambers showing and as long as others have ambers on that level I guess I'll go along with the crowd. Maybe someone else will chime in and enlighten us.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds