Pc silly prob :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JK1, Jul 5, 2007.

1. JK1

JK1 Private E-2

Hello guys im new to this site and really need your help here if thats kool..?

Just built a new pc specs are

Aopen ak86-L
    AMD 3400 754
    ATI x1950 pro HiS 512 agp
    250 gig Hdd
    500 w psu it is a good one just forgot the name of it xD
    1gb ddr ram

whats wrong its boots xp all fine nothing wrong with that..
    but i go on games and it freezes and then goes black and will reboot
    this is on Quake 3 i always test this game when ive built a pc
    twice ive had an Ati VPU recovery window come up after it crashes.

any ideas thanks JK1:)

2. cr.Gena

cr.Gena Private First Class

it's a video card issue most probably. try to go to the ATI website and download and install the latest driver for your card.

3. JK1

JK1 Private E-2

yes i thought that and try'd it but still do's it :(

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Check with your motherboard maker's web site for a possible BIOS update (there may be a known issue that a new BIOS will fix) and/or a newer chipset driver... Check your DirectX (make sure it's 9.0c for WinXP), and repair it if needed. Download and run some video benchmark utils; 3D Mark 2001 is a good one; a real basic one is Video Card Stability Test... with 3D Mark, run it several times back to back to back and see if everything stays stable. Or run the stability test for at least 30 minutes and see what happens... also, check out ATI Tray Tools to monitor your GPU and CPU temps. Something may be overheating.... good luck!

hd2k

BTW- all the programs mentioned above are available FREE here at MajorGeeks!
    :D

5. JK1

JK1 Private E-2

Ok thanks ill try that today:cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds