How to Delete search enhancement pack

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tom LeMaster, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom LeMaster

Tom LeMaster Private E-2

How do I delete search Enhancement Pack from my computer. It' in C:\Program Files\Microsoft

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Uninstall the Windows Live Search Toolbar, and unless its changed reciently if you dont see it in Add/remove then click Start > Run and paste this line and hit enter msiexec /x {9C9CEB9D-53FD-49A7-85D2-FE674F72F24E}

3. mayor sam

mayor sam Private E-2

Tom I followed your instructions to delete Enhancement Pack but it still pops up each time I turn my PC on or reboot. Help!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As this pack from the Live applications gets updated over time the uninstall method changes, if not mistaked this is the new uninstaller so give this one a whirl.

msiexec /x {299CF645-48C7-4FA1-8BCD-5CE200CF180D}

But also tell us what windows version you using as if its Vista then you may need to run this command from an levated CMD prompt, to do this click Start > and in the Start Search box type CMD and right click and choose Run as Administrator CMD and past the command above in and hit enter.

5. mayor sam

mayor sam Private E-2

Thanks for your reply. I am using ms windows XP home edition. I haven't tried your last suggestion yet. I am still trying to learn about the major geek functions. I am 79 years old and I think my brains have slowed down some. Plus I am far from a PC expert.
    So, please bear with me. I tried the new url and got a window pop up; "This action only valid for products that are currently installed". Suggestion?

6. seaside

seaside Corporal

me to mate it might be google helper thing but i don't know:confused

7. davideg

davideg Private E-2

This worked for me!!!
    I have been getting the same thing, and for weeks wasn't sure what to do.
    So I went to Add/Remove programs and found something that looked close
    to what might work. So I uninstalled the program "Windows Live Add-In 1.3"
    and then I noticed in "programs" that one of the programs in the search pack had been deleted. The Guard .dll was still there. But when I restarted my computer, I no longer got the pop up. Thank God for His wisdom. This was very frustrating, but now resolved.
    :celebrate

P.s. I am running Window XP Pro Sp3. I tried the other methods without any resolve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds