Printer not printing color anymore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dyamond, Jul 19, 2007.

1. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

At work I have a Espon Stylus C86 which has been working up until now.

I ran out of my colored ink, so I changed all the colored cartridges at once.
    I've done this about three times in the past months and no problems but now after I change the cartridges the printer recognizes the new ink but it wont print in color!! I have tried everything - cleaning the print heads, checking the nozzle, going through all the steps and nothing works!!

Epson was no help they basically told me to do the very exact things I already done.

So, can anyone help me?? Thank you!!

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I know it will not help, but, it is possible you have a bad batch of cartridges, - but have you tried using the old cartriges that were not quite empty, and the new ones for empty ones- I EXPECT YOU HAVE.
    I have an Epsom r200, and have had a bad batch , but always have spares, so, I have experienced the problem.
    If none of that , or, what Epsom suggested works, I would replace the printer, if it's out of warraty.

3. JJJIrish05

JJJIrish05 Sergeant

you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

5. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

6. dyamond

Thanks for all of your responses guys. The same thing happened when i changed the black ink, so i really pestered Epson and i found out that the printer needs a new print head..whatever that means (yes its out of warrenty rolleyes) and the nearest service center it more than two hours away!! So, I just stole my co-workers printer (he doesnt use it LOL) and were are just going to buy another one!

Thanks again!

7. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Printer NOT stolen, just re-allocated. :D ;) :) Bazza

===

8. dyamond

re-located....... rightttt ;) LOL

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds