Vista Only boots in safe mode with networking

Discussion in 'Software' started by Selador, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Selador

Selador Private E-2

I am having a similar problem. For a while Vista (Home Premium) ran in normal mode, but I couldn't access the internet, or any other program that one would normally check to fix the general "lack of internet" problem. From internet tools, to system restore. When I F8ed the computer in startup and tried to repair, i could access the restore center, but all my restore points have been removed, and I cannot even restore to the manufacturer's settings. I also received Live OneCare errors, (could not start, try restarting etc...) I cannot uninstall OneCare in safe mode, nor can I install any other antivirius program. I ran the BitDeffender online scanner. and it turned up nothing. Startup fix didn't help. Nor did Last Known Good Configuration.
    Now, I cannot even boot my PC in normal mode. It goes to the welcome screen and I see the blue circle spinning for a longer than usual time, and then I get nothing but a black screen with my curser in it. I've googled the problem, and I can only find vaguely similar situations, for which none of the solutions provided worked for me. I don't know if it's a virius problem, or a software problem, or *gulp* perhaps hardware. I have a brand new Acer, and have never had any problems with it before.
    I tried msconfig and tried to boot it in clean boot, but that didn't work either. Same issue... Please help if you can! Many thanks in advance...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds