Blue Screen Issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by the Muse, Dec 7, 2010.

1. the Muse

the Muse Private E-2

Ok, this is happening on my friend's Window's 7 computer, so bear with me since I know some of the details but not all.

He has been having issues with internet redirects for about a week or two. Then yesterday he is working on his computer and it just reboots for no reason. After that, he got the blue screen of death. I told him to turn the computer off and reboot it. He was good for a few minutes then it gave him another blue screen.

So he managed to get it started in safe mode, he ran the anti virus, the anti spyware, and the anti-malware. He said a whole bunch of things were quarantined and removed. So hooray for that.

But now, he can't be on the computer for any length of time before it gives him that screen and reboots, even if he is safe mode. And the thing is, the computer keeps giving him a different blue screen, so it isn't one specific driver or anything. No, none of the hardware or the software on the computer has changed.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Random bluescreens (different errors) usually are the result of RAM going bad. Have him remove one stick (if two in the computer) and boot up; if no bluescreens appear, the stick removed might be going bad.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds