P2P file sharing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Marlene3369, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Marlene3369

Marlene3369 Private First Class

Hi,I see Winmx is no longer :rolleyes: and I loved that program. Which is the next best one without spy or malware attached. Something simply without alot of bells and whistles on it. Just for Music........
    Marlene.
    Hugsssss

2. Tourangh

Tourangh Master Sergeant

3. scouse

scouse Corporal

I have used a few and been using P2P for a few years and Shareaza is the best i have ever used..So simple and great for Torrents click a torrent file and Shareaza will automatically start and start downloading the torrent, it is great alone for that never mind anything else.

Ofcousre we are talking legal files and torrents.

If you decide to try it find version 2 and do not install version 2.2 their latest, as version 2 is by far faster so i found.

FIND IT HERE

4. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

heard there was a patch for it. .

5. scouse

scouse Corporal

Yes there is a patch for it only small, but i still found it slower than version 2 even after the SP2 patch.

6. Well i use limewire and i love that even though its not legal it has not spyware or viruses and it downloads much faster than shareaza. I can download an entire song in less than a minute and they have a free version and for security I use peer gaurdian to protect against the RIAA gettin nosy when im usin it. (which is also free). I dont know if winmx was legal or not but judjing by reviews i guess it was.
    hope i helped...
    -the new tech guy

7. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

I have heard lots of good things about a program called ares, but don't use it myself.

8. earlthemailman

earlthemailman Corporal

ares is pretty good, i have it and have had it for six months or so- the only problem i have with it is that it takes a while to connect to the internet. i have downloaded NO virus/malware crap. None. if-so-fact-o, ares is much better than limewire.

9. Marlene3369

I found and downloaded Shareaza Version 2.0 and it does go faster then the newer version. There are many different setting for this program,which ones should I use and also my firewall ( Sygate ) keeps alarming me from shareaza,the funny thing is that each time it goes off it shows a different ip address for Shareaza,it goes off at lease 4 times after I close the program. Can someone explain all my questions.....
    Hugsssss,
    Marlene

10. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

WinMX still works if that is your preference.

As far as Ares, it hardly has any users compared to other programs, and LimeWire comes with adware and spyware. There is a pro version which doesn't, but it's not free.

To answer your question Marlene, you need to configure port 6346 by default. You can use any port, but you must configure your firewall accordingly.

I suggest you read the on-line Shareaza users guide, which well give you instructions on port configuration and other settings.

Hugssssss

11. Marlene3369

Thank you Insomniac,Hugs that cute guy........
    Marlene

12. Insomniac that is only true if you use and early version of limewire i use the latest version and run weekly scans with spybot s and d and i never have anything from limewire and i do use the free version. Dont use real kazzaa though cause one time i was repairing a computer and tried to reinstall it for someone and avast was going crazy while installing finding trojans. but i dont hear a peep out of anything while installing limewire. So i think if you are useing the latest version i think you are alright.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds