Extremism in the classroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Publius, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Publius

Publius Sergeant

2. Sasquatch77

Sasquatch77 MajorGeek

If extermination(genocide)was going to happen it`d have happened already. The truly sad thing for me is that some of the best friends I`ve ever had in my life have been people of color. A man is a man is a man...skin color does not determine if you`re an idiot or not. It`s people like this, that idiot Farrakhan(sp?)and Daniel Carver that embroil the emotions of normally sane people, and they shouldn`t be given an oppoertunity to spew thier racist drivel any more than a rabid dog should be let loose in a day-care.

3. Publius

Publius Sergeant

I agree with you, sasquatch. What I find most disturbing about this article is that this man is a professor at a major state university. This sort of vitriole shouldn't be polluting the minds of anyone, much less students at state funded university.

You can't heal hate by throwing more hate at it. The hope lies in trusting that college students have more sense than to buy into this nonsense.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Totally agree with your post Sasq

many of my friends and work collegues are from every concievable community on the planet and personally I couldnt give a rats ass what colour your skin is, thats not what makes a person, its whats on the inside that counts with me, and we all bleed red!

what this person is doing is fueling the very aspect of a multicultured society and racial beliefs that we wish to eradicate, so with his racist beliefs against "whites" he is no better than racist beliefs against "colours" ... when is racism not racism?

5. Publius

Publius Sergeant

Well said Halo, except you misspelled 'colours' :p :p

6. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

I think all people who leave out the "u" in colours should be killed, because mark my words, they are trying to kill us. :)

Good post. Slime like that should be dragged out into the sun.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Spelling racist! ;) :)

I have some strongish views on this topic but MG is not the place for them, but I will state that a minority of the very peoples that are protesting against racism are the very ones fueling the continuation of racism as we know it, through media, religion etc BUT what I will say is I believe in one world one nation, no matter the beliefs.. I couldnt give a monkeys on belief so long as its not forced on others...... and here is the crux of the problem, too many factions trying to force their beliefs and religion on others.

and political correctness is another catalyst to fanning the flames.... free speech and certain words phrases banned that are not aimed at racsim on both sides of the fence are also causing this topic to increase in tension, I have a fear that it is manifesting itself into something that is going to bite us all in the ass at some point soon, take the troubles in France at present.

and as a final view... if some are trying to spread this FUD into the school system then this is only going to have the racist culture fester into the future with out young being exposed to what amounts to brainwashing........

damm good thread Publius, I would like to hear many other regulars views....

8. Techdolt

Techdolt Private E-2

This guy needs to be sent to prison!

If I were to believe in reincarnation, this guy would be the re-embodiment of Adolf Hitler. Pure and simple.

The only thing that keeps this poor excuse of an educator--no, poor excuse for a human being-- from actually getting to do what he wants is his lack of actual political power. Think about it: Hitler aimed his poison rhetoric at a disaffected--and powerless--German population who were looking for a scapegoat...and the scapegoat was primarily Jews! He was able to get as far as he did both because he had the political power, and the ability to get others who could have stopped him early on to not take action until it was almost too late.

We know the result of that one. World War II...and the near extermination of the European Jewish population.

Kamau Kambon is aiming his equally poison rhetoric at another disaffected population: Poor and disenfranchised African-Americans...with Caucasians the scapegoat. Aiming at the same thing...and, the way things are going, he might just get the political clout he needs to carry out his nefarious ideas to the end. That is, if scumbags like him are not soon sent to prison where they belong. If we don't stand up to these hatemongers (and, no, stuff like what Dr. Kambon is spewing is NOT "free speech", but, rather, is yelling "Fire!" into the crowded theater) the result can very well be the same.

A genocidal war...and one that could destroy all of us.

9. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

After reading the article I was speechless...decided to watch the video...I'm roughly 9 minutes into it and I can't believe what I'm hearing! This guy is a racist...I think when they coined the term it was with him in mind. Hurricane Katrina and the issues facing African Americans... Yeah..it was a conspiracy against black people that the levies failed, that there are so many children still missing from Katrina...that families were separated (temporarily IIRC) in the rush to move everyone from the Super Dome due to impending danger to human life....His comments thus far are so far 'out there' it's pathetic. He is one sick man.

10. quirk

quirk Corporal

I wouldn't consider myself a regular, but here's my 1 rupie.
    (couldn't afford more)
    How can someone advocating killing members of another race not be racist?
    Let's all kill Bill Cosby, not for his annoying commercials, or that he's
    friends with Martha, but because he says what people like that
    don't want to hear. :rolleyes:
    Maybe I'll get a book deal if I go on a lecturing tour advocating
    the irradication of llamas due to their MiddleEastern descent.
    LOOK AT ME!
    LOOK AT ME! :rolleyes:

11. Halbibabe

Halbibabe Private E-2

It's the only way that people like this fool can make a living.Racists like him,Jackson,Fahrafool,make a good living at what they do.They don't want equality because they would have to get real jobs.I spent years in the military and came in contact with many black people,I was raised in south Omaha,went to an almost all black school,I was there during the riots and was beat up many times because of the color of my skin.I lived in Oakcliff in Dallas,Texas with mostly black people.I would listen to Fahrafool on the cable channel a lot in Dallas,I had literature put on my apartment door by the black Muslims all the time advocating the destruction of the white man.I would not let this kind of crap bother me because I wouldn't waste good brain cells reading their hate mail.It was funny how if I went putting this same kind of hate literature towards minorities on black peoples doors it was a hate crime with the police,and FBI involved.Instead I got to know my black neighbors and we became friends instead of "accusers of the bretheren".
    The sad thing is that many black folk believe this garbage when their so called leaders say it,but when black man,or a black women say to be responsible for your own actions they are called uncle toms,or house ******s.
    Get to know your neighbor and learn to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.The race riots are coming rather you believe it or not,so don't become filled with all this hate propaganda from all sides.We need to open our eyes,ears,and heart to many of these people who choose to believe lies.How many black people did you see open their homes,finances,and lend a helping hand after Karina?Not very many,it was predominantly white people.That is why the haters had to get going to brain wash the minority community with ,missles causing huge holes in the levys,little black kids missing,families forced into an football stadium to separate each other just like the slavery days.The white police officers shooting or beating up poor old black folk.The whole point of this soapbox speech is to tell people to not get caught up in the hate speech but hold these people's feet to the fire by calling companies,politicians that support this kind of hate speech,call Brown University and ask them if their college is a racist college.I'll shut up now.

12. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Just tried to access the full program on C-Span, and can find the program listing, but when I click to access it, I'm getting a "page not found" error. Have they pulled the program? They note that programs generally are kept for ~ 15 days, and this is way past that already. Anybody else, or is it just me?

You'll never see "Genocide" as a course title, but it's out there more than you think. Many of the "black studies" courses should more honestly be named "Subversive 101". And a lot of professors sprinkled throughout the more general courses spout hatred in their classrooms. I'm reminded of the anti-war "professor" in Colorado IIRC that was spouting that U.S. soldiers should "frag" (kill) their officers some months ago. Huge outcry to get rid of him... he was tenured... huge problem getting rid of the embarrassment.

Pete Singer, a very famous "bioethicist" at Princeton University teaches and lectures that it's OK to "abort" your baby well AFTER it's born, and that good old Mother Earth would be a lot healthier if several billion of us would conveniently drop dead. But good old Pete isn't a racist, he hates all races equally.

Hatred in general is nothing new to colleges. Women's studies are not generally genocidal, but many of them DO teach hatred for the male half of the race, and have for years. My ex-wife went from fairly normal to hating all men (including me) after a couple semesters of "women's studies" at St. Xavier college in Chicago way back in the late '70s.

Black Studies, Women's Studies, Gay Studies, you name it, are all time wasters presenting some fringe group agenda. If it's worth studying, it will be in a legitimate history or sociology course somewhere. If not, it's an expensive way to waste daddy's money and NOT learn something productive. And often get a sick, twisted view of reality in the bargain.

The first step in getting rid of the worst offenders is doing away with tenure. Anybody making an ass of themselves under a school's umbrella of authority should be able to be fired, period. The second step is for rational people to complain loudly to any schools stupid enough to harbor them and support "Stupid Studies" courses. Hopefully including the donors and alumni that help finance these places.

13. AbbySue

I just tried it again and it works fine for me using real player alternative although I did have problems with it once yesterday when I went back to it, but when I tried it again later it loaded. C-Span

14. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Babs.. don't you remember.. *nudge*.. we have the technology to control the weather on massive scales and the ability to target minorities and leave whites alone at the same time... *duh*... :p

15. AbbySue

[​IMG]Oiy! Thanks for the reminder Kodo...I totally forgot[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

I finally got the feed to feed late last night, and I have only one question.

Since I'm a plantation owner, I'd like to know where all my profits have gone from the plantation. I've never seen a dime from it. :rolleyes:

17. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I always found it amusing that its ok for certain ethnic groups to preach and discuss this stuff about caucasians, but if we did it to them, there would be prison time.

I'm definately not for either side doing it, but there are some messed up policies regarding it these days.

If racial dsicrimination is not tolerated towards African Americans, then it should not be tolerated towards the caucasian population either, yet it is.

18. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

It reminds me of playground politics,everyone needs to be part of a group to belong,fit in and feel special,its so amazing how these kind of politics stay with us throughout our lives

It helps us pass the blaim to someone else for the trouble in the world,but what if you arn't part of any political persuation,group or club and still want to feel special?EASY! :) Go with skin colour, that means your instantly better than near half the planet better yet you dont even have to do anything,no subscription fee,tests,guaranteed membership with billions of other clubmembers :) just sit back and bask in your great coloured skin and blaim everyone else for all the worlds troubles

:D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds