Please be kind to a poor dumb blonde

Discussion in 'Software' started by hatshepsut, Apr 5, 2006.

1. hatshepsut

hatshepsut Private E-2

Hi, thank thank the Lord for this site. I have a Hewlett Packard, 64 mg ram which crashes almost everytime I use it. Usually I get a fatal exception error at OE 00000 something.
    I have all the system info from the program you recommended (AIDA) but not sure how to post it.
    I will try though, before I manage to pull all my hair out!

Ok, Aida has printed out a report which is very long, and I presume way too much info to post in this post, so could you tell me what I should do next?

Very much appreciated.:D

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

3. hatshepsut

hatshepsut Private E-2

Thanks Justplayin:D

4. hatshepsut

hatshepsut Private E-2

I shall attach the AIDA report here.

Attached Files:

5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

You should post the exact error code to help narrow down the problem.

6. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

A lot of errors with Win98 happen due to bad RAM, or poor drivers. Some can be caused by conflicts with hardware. Post the exact error that happens with the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death), if you can take a picture of the screen, due to screenshots of BSOD cannot be done, that would be helpful.

Also, is the error on the lines of "IRQ_Equals_less_than"?

7. hatshepsut

hatshepsut Private E-2

No the error doesn't have that particular thing, but it's usually
    a fatal exception has occurred at (either OE or vxx something)

next time it happens I will post the exact message, but sometimes they are different numbers.

Someone said I should reload Windows 98, but to do that I would have backup all my files or risk losing them.

To do that, what size floppy disk should I use, since I don't know how much data backing up all those files would take???

Sorry, I'm pretty dumb. And thanks !!!

8. hatshepsut

hatshepsut Private E-2

OK< here is the exact error messages I get when the computer crashes, this happens almost every time I use it.

"A fatal exception 06 has occurred at 0028:C0047C94 in VxD VFAT (01) + 00005A84"

Then another came up as follows:

"An exception OE has occurred at 0028:C009AA69 in VxD MPFBOCKS(01) + 0000FE15. This was called from 0028:C009E0EA in VxD MPFBOCKS (01) + 00013496.

Does that help anyone able to work out what the hell is happening to my damn computer? I would really appreciate your help as this is driving me nuts!!!!

9. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

10. hatshepsut

hatshepsut Private E-2

Ok thanks Brownizs!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds