Something stinks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by silas, Nov 12, 2010.

1. silas

silas MajorGeek

Well this starts out funny but my girlfriend didn't think so after all. Some days ago she steamed some vegies and cooked them to where there was no water and that burnt smelled stayed a while. 3 Days ago she made a thing in the crockpot mushrooms and etc.. something healthy and it gave a weird smell as well while cooking. Now the thing is the smell from both did stay for some time in the apartment. Now the thing is days later I so often smell this smell which smells like that dinner she made of steam veggies burning. She thinks its something else that smells.. come to think of it she brought up maybe its a dead mouse :eek So I think about it and it does/could make since.. sounds pretty aweful. And starting to smell little more in certain areas of this"smell". So my thing is Ive checked the ceiling panels that come off I check the apartment its not inside or see able. (maybe its in the wall or somewhere i couldnt see). So my true question is does anybody know what to do about dead mouse corpse? I know the real answer is to call or get landlord to get someone in to find it.. BUT I want to do it the "bad way maybe". I know some say it will go away after some time but I also hear people say smells stays.:(

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Have you had motc7 visiting lately? roflmao

3. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Well Silas, I'd probably give ATF Cleaner and CCleaner a go, it may be hiding in the registry so use CCleaners registry cleaner as well. The only other thing I could think of is a decomposing virus, slaughtered by *insert AV of choice here* and left to rot.

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

On a more serious note, yeah the landlord idea is the best idea, save having the expense of it yourself.

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

A mouse doesn't stink for days and it doesn't smell like burnt veggies either.rolleyes:-D Why is it only smells when the gf is cooking? :confused

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Did you check the grave where you buried the dead cat? :-D:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds