Unable to logon to Admin Acct.

Discussion in 'Software' started by jjj28, Nov 7, 2006.

1. jjj28

jjj28 Private E-2

After installed and uninstalled ProcessGuard some time ago, it left me with an error dialog "Mutex2 not found.." every time I logged on. So I finally attempted to re-install it from this Download site (via the TX link) again today. When I finished installing it, I shutted down the computer. However, I could no longer log back on using any administrator account but guest account is fine. I am a sort of stuck now as I cannot log in as administrator to uninstall whatever I installed earlier that may cause the problem. Any idea? Many thanks in advance.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Greetings and welcome to MajorGeeks!

Have you tried uninstalling via safe mode?

3. jjj28

jjj28 Private E-2

Some friends told me about it also and I did uninstall ProcessGuard in Safe mode. It seemed to work fine afterward. However, I now uninstalled Norton AnitVirus 2003 so that I can reinstall McAfee. But guess what? I screwed up again. I wasn't able to uninstall Norton AntiVirus normally and so I followed the manual steps in their website. I thought I did everything they said but I am now back to square one, i.e. unable to log back into administrator accounts. :(

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

Did you run this?
    Rnav 2003
    http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3077

When you say, you are unable to log into your administrator accounts, is this THEE administrator account? Or one of the user accounts you created with admin privledges?

You may/should be able to run the above utility in safe mode, using the administrator account, not one of your other admin accounts.

5. abri

abri MajorGeek

theefool,
    that piece of software downloaded 142,502 times lol
    what does that tell us?
    hahaha
    sorry, little diversion here :)
    abri

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds