USB keyboard not working

Discussion in 'Software' started by fartman, Nov 13, 2006.

1. fartman

fartman Private E-2

I have a dell/logitech itouch wireless keyboard and mouse. The mouse works, but not the keyboard. In fact no keyboard works on this computer. When I try a usb keyboard it searches for the driver and says tries to install one but says "cannot create a file when that file already exists." I uninstalled the keyboard first in device manager and it said the same thing. What to do?

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

You may have allready done this, there is a small button on the bottom of the keyboard you have to push in to make the reciever know its there, does the keyboard and mouse use the same usb reciever? ed

3. fartman

fartman Private E-2

yes they use the same reciever and I have connected it and replaced the batteries too. The mouse works just not the keyboard. A ps/2 keyboard does not work either.

4. celia

celia Private E-2

has anyone got any ideas about this?...because the same is happening to me, with my brand new wireless keyboard & mouse...the mouse works but the keyboard just sits there looking at me.....I,m back using my old IBM one:(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds