Can't find audio,raid controller, or video controller

Discussion in 'Software' started by kakashishozu, Sep 25, 2009.

1. kakashishozu

kakashishozu Private E-2

I just bought this computer and installed xp it doesn't show my audio driver, raid controller or video controller, and I want to find out the name of them but I can't because it doesn't really show any names of the drivers under the device manager so I would like to know is there a way that I can find the devices or a way to reset the computer to defualt settings, I took the battery out for 30 secs and put it back in the guy that I bought it from told me to do that.

But I'm not sure if the computer was supposed to be plugged up or unplugged I did it while it was unplugged but I don't know. I just know its a

Pentium 4 2.66ghz
    512 of ram for the model I don't know he said it has a msi MB and thats about it that I can tell you about the computer.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If using a RAID array on XP then the motherboards raid drivers would have had to be installed when installing XP using F6 and the Install 3rd party drivers option, off floppy as XP doesnt like Vista support USB for this option sadly.

But to help with information about this motherboard run the below and attach the log

3. kakashishozu

kakashishozu Private E-2

I just returned the computer this morning because of its fan problem I have a thread on it, but yeah I managed to get the computers drivers installed after getting some help and it was fine but the fan was too loud so I got a dell I'm having problems with the drivers but at least I found something on dell.com for the drivers so I hope that solves the problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds