usb keyboard and mouse don't work

Discussion in 'Software' started by franktaplin, Jun 7, 2010.

1. franktaplin

franktaplin Private E-2

I had a customers computer that had some spyware on it. The computer is a dell xps 400 which has no ps2 ports. I can't get the keyboard and mouse to work. I removed the hard drive and hooked it up to another computer and started spyware removal. the keyboard and mouse work in bios but when Windows XP startes up they don't work and i get the new hardware wizard. The problem is that you have to have one of the devices working to finish the wizard.
    Looking on other tech sites they suggested that it might be corrupt drivers. I tried booting into the command console and extracting the drivers but it didn't work.
    any suggestions?

2. itmortiz

itmortiz Corporal

Do this:

- Try to test keyboard and mouse in F8 Mode (press F8 before windows start) and select Safe Mode.

- Start normally and wait 2 o 3 minuts mean windows install drivers for keyboard and mouse.

I hope you will tell us if is solved.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds