how to safely close a Facebook account?

Discussion in 'Software' started by snapper, May 3, 2010.

1. snapper

snapper Private First Class

Greetings:)

How does one shut down/close a Facebook account? I don't have one, yet business associate does and all of his data has been sold to a number of hackers. Please advise - thank you kindly!

2. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

3. snapper

Greetings dynamond:

Thank you for your rapid and good advise. (Attempted to reply earlier yet did not post). I will advise my friend accordingly.

Also - I have a 'lamer' question if you may feel inclined to respond: Somehow my task bar switched from being on the horizon at bottom of screen to right horizontal. Tried all I knew to attempt to return to lower screen horizontally. Can you please advise? :-D Would again be grateful:)
    Thank you!

4. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

5. snapper

Hi :wave: task bar - fixed thank you:)
    Re: face book - friend remote and trying to help not complete yet. Visited the site and your directions - does appear to be a succinct fix to delete. Thank you again and... happy day:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds