Win 2k boot issue. please help...

Discussion in 'Software' started by rsxeler8, Aug 2, 2004.

1. rsxeler8

rsxeler8 Private E-2

I uninstalled the Windows 2000 client for Netware like 2 days ago. I cant get into my system now, and the ctrl alt del screen looks totaly different. It almost looks like a simple pathetic VB script window, and all it says is ctrl alt del, its very plain. When I hit the ctrl alt del keys, I only get my blue background with no option to actually type in a password or anything. This is so strange, and its driving me crazy. I booted into safe mode, and the problem doesn't happen. I tried to remove the "Use ctrl alt del" option in the control panel to maybe bypass it, and all I get now is just a background. I'm totaly stumped, but in my opinion I think it deffintaley has something to do with removing the Novell Client. please help.

2. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

was there any other software in use? I remember an old netware 5 network that had a program called fortress that pretty much replaced the explorer shell for security, it sounds like the shell isnt loading for some reason.

3. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

Look at this

Look at that in the registry and tellme if anything similar exists.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

what version of the netware client were you using?

5. rsxeler8

rsxeler8 Private E-2

Version 4.90, the newest for 2000

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

boot to safe mode and install Microsofts' version of the netware client and reboot normally.. see if that works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds