New Here

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by bigmac00, Mar 6, 2008.

1. bigmac00

bigmac00 Private E-2

Hey,

I am new to the forum so this post may not be in the right place, so bear with me. I had some malware and was told by another forum to run combofix so I did but it never finished running. My clock is still in Military time and everything is very slow. Please help me. I can't get an answer from the other forum now.

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks.com!

If you think malware is your problem, please follow the instructions in the below link and attach the requested logs in a new thread in the Malware Forum when you finish these instructions.

Read & RUN ME FIRST Before Asking for Support

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. bigmac00

bigmac00 Private E-2

Thanks for the welcomes.

I really don't think that my problem is malware, I think that it is the fact that Combo Fix did not finish running but I can't get it to rerun and finish. It will show the text file for the log and then it just stops.

5. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

On a small percentage of PC's, ComboFix does have issues trying to run 100% thru to completion. It can be a software conflict of some kind. We typically try a couple of things to work around this. One is that our instructions require that ComboFix be run from a command prompt with a /killall option. The second is to try running ComboFix from safe boot mode. Sometimes, but not always, this can help.

Here is how you fix your clock.

You can fix your clock from Control Panel ->Regional and Language Options and then on the Regional Options tab click the Customize button then on the next form click the Time tab. Then change the Time format to what you want. It explains there what the lower case and upper case letters will do. Upper case H is giving you 24 hour clock settings.

6. bigmac00

bigmac00 Private E-2

I will try it in safe mode and see what happens. Thanks for the help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds