Hijackthis log

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by phantom54, Mar 8, 2010.

1. phantom54

phantom54 Private E-2

My system seems to be working reasonably well except after a while it pauses at regular intervals and only a restart fixes it. I already use super anti spyware AVG 9 Internet Security, Advanced System Care Pro as well as Secunia PSI and Techtracker. They all seem fairly happy but the pause does not go away. The attachment is my HiJackThis log file. I suspect it is too long a file. Please help.
    Phantom54

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome Major Geeks.

We are not a hijackthis reading forum. If you think you are having problems with malware, that is only one tool that is used in the process to get rid of it.

If you do in fact think you have malware, you will have to follow the READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide and attach the requested logs to a new thread in the Malware Forum.

If you suspect it is something else, you should post your question in the Software Forum and describe, in detail, what is going on. That would also include what Operating system you are running (XP, Vista, etc) and any other information you can give such as how much RAM you have.

3. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Welcome Phantom!! You'll find lots of free help here.
    Just a thought on the pauses, though this really should be addressed in one of the help forums, are you sure you don't have one of those security programs running a scan? Or an update? I've seen that often.
    But, let's not start a thread on that here, move to software if you want to pursue please.:wave:wave[​IMG]

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Hmm, without looking in depth at all the protection that you have, I feel that you have too much loaded and they're conflicting with each other! One main guiding principle is one active AV, one active spyware scanner and one firewall. Check out How to Protect yourself from malware!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds