Can I record youtube video?

Discussion in 'Software' started by alontheriver, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alontheriver

alontheriver Private First Class

I was wondering if there is a way to record videos on youtube and then burn them to dvd's?

2. biddy187

biddy187 Private E-2

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

...and if you're using Firefox, the Download Helper add-on works great with Youtube along with some 100+ sites.

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

.....and if you want to burn 'em to DVD for watching on your home DVD player, you'll need to convert the files to a format your DVD player can use after downloading and saving them to your hard drive. Many of the newer DVD players will play back DivX/XVid files in addition to DVDs. If yours can, use Dr. DivX to convert the movies, then burn 'em as data to a CD or DVD with Nero or the built-in XP burning utility will work for burning data. If your DVD player does not play DivX files, then you must convert them to DVD compliant folders. For this, I recommend DVD Flick. It's free, easy to use, and does all the converting and burning. All you do is put in a blank, select your file(s) to be converted & burned, and click create DVD.
    Dr. DivX (also free and very easy to use) http://www.majorgeeks.com/Dr._DivX_d5208.html
    DVD Flick http://www.majorgeeks.com/DVD_Flick_d5530.html (and the how-to guide is available here http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php)

6. alontheriver

thank you all for your replies. I'll check out your suggestions.:)

7. alontheriver

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

9. alontheriver

Hi dlb, even if I go to youtube wesite and click on videos I'm not getting the video anymore just the audio and on some of the ones that I added to my favorites I can't see video anymore. Will those codecs solve my problem. I even did a system restore and that didn't help.:(

10. alontheriver

Hi, I downloaded and installed those XP codecs and still have the same problem. I have also uninstalled save2pc and drdivx and did a system restore back before I installed those programs and I still can't view video on youtube on most titles. If I do a search and click on the video I get audio but no video on almost every title. Didn't have this problem prior to installation of save2pc and dr divx. Something has gotten changed and I'm stumped now. I'm sure it's as simple as a click to fix it but I'm stuck. any help would be appreciated. thanks

11. alontheriver

Hi, I found the solution. I had to uninstall flashplayer and then install the latest version. works ok now.:)

12. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Sweet! :cool Glad you got it worked out!

13. hunt

hunt Private E-2

14. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc Private E-2

I also use Firefox to download.
    As mentioned, works for other sites too!

15. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Old thread.....you can tell by the date. Please let's keep our replies on current threads. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds