Hello from Michigan

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by ITNEWBIE, Mar 31, 2009.

1. ITNEWBIE

ITNEWBIE Private E-2

Hello I am a NEWBIE to the IT field. I am reading up on the CONFICKER and want more insight on the worries and what to do about this or ways to prevent it. If I can get some more insight please send it my way.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Frankly, too many articles on mainstream websites telling you the end of the world is coming. There are plenty of removal tools available including the ones from Mcafee and Sophos available on Majorgeeks. Come April 1st, most websites will all be pulling the same old, tired and obvious jokes while at the same time many people will be scanning their computers and I will bet you at least 10% of computer users will opt to not turn on their computers at all on April 1st, since that silly advice is out there. Be funny if nothing happens. I am certainly not worried.

Most antivirus and antispyware should have been updated to protect against this at least 4 months ago, so anyone with Windows Updates and good anti-virus installed and updated should not be worried. Assuming it hits at all.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Well MA i left my PCs running overnight folding and do not seem to have suffered any ill effects.[​IMG]

5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

ITNEWBIE welcome to the forums :)

6. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

I left mine on as well and here I am!!!!!

Welcome to MG's ITNEWBIE!!

7. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

:wave Good evening, ITN. E mailed a few friends who are aware of conficker and no one has been infected :). They in turn haven't heard of anyone being infected. Maybe the warning itself was the April fools joke?

8. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I got one right?

9. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Hi...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds