Deleting folders leaving files inside, intact

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pozzydrive, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi

Is it possible to delete only the folder, but keep the files inside intact, I was given some training files, actually quite a lot, and the person who gave them to me has numbered the folders, however some have folders inside with the name of the type of training and others are just files, but also named, I would rather just have all of the files if possible and delete the folders all at once, anyone know if there is a way to do this?

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

3. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

The folders are for organization.

If you delete a folder, all of the files inside that folder, including any sub-folders within, will also be deleted.

If you want to keep all of the files but eliminate (delete) the folder organization,
    then you will have to Move the files out of the folders that you want to delete.
    You could move the files to the Parent (upper level) folder so that All of the files
    would be in one folder.

If there is a specific program that you use to access those files AND that program
    expects to find those files IN those folders, then moving them would create a problem, since they are no longer where the program expects them to be.

If this is not an issue for you, then you can move the files.

Edit:
    foogoo's suggestion looks good. :cool

4. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Thank you for your help, will give your advice a try.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds