Is Advanced System Care malicious?

Discussion in 'Software' started by JFObaya, Sep 1, 2014.

1. JFObaya

JFObaya Private E-2

I was trying to download Advanced System Care from this website to my Dell 32-bit computer running XP with a Chrome browser, when this message appeared: "asc-setup 6.4.0.292(1).exe is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it." Is this correct? Or should I ignore this message and seek another way to download this program? Any suggestions appreciated.

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

3. JFObaya

JFObaya Private E-2

Thank you for your welcome, your prompt reply, and your suggestion. I have so much to learn. If I may ask a follow up question: Has Advanced System Care served you well?

4. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Advanced System Care has served its purpose. It has done everything that it promised and actually never cause any bad side effects. I have tested Wise Care 365, Toolwiz Care and other all in one utilities and in my opinion ASC is among the best out there. Hope this helps.

5. JFObaya

JFObaya Private E-2

Thanks again. To be able to benefit from your experience is very helpful. Looking over this website, there seems to be a wealth of information and many people willing to help a novice. That no one is trying to sell you anything is also good.

6. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Yes . . . I have been online since 1997, and this is the best place I have ever found for computer related issues and nifty software. Even more important, this site is run, moderated, and frequented by the smartest and most kind group of people I have ever met in my travels on the interwebs. For years this has been my first stop when I get online, even before I became a member.

You will love it here!

7. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I don't think it malicious for a moment, but I do think it dangerous. When I used its advanced features it earned the honour of being the only bit of software that had ever brought my Win 7 to its knees. I like Iobit's Uninstaller but I'm never letting their ASC near any box of mine again. I would have been faced with a reinstall had I not been in the habit of imaging my system twice a month.

8. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

I'm with Earthling on this. I installed the IObit Suite about a year ago and then couldn't uninstall it. It just kept reinstalling itself, sometimes in total and sometimes just Malware Fighter, at the end of each uninstall. I too had to resort to a disk image restoration in order to rid myself of the infernal app.

9. JFObaya

JFObaya Private E-2

Thank you. I can use all the help that I can get.

10. JFObaya

JFObaya Private E-2

Thanks. I love getting both sides of an issue.

11. JFObaya

JFObaya Private E-2

Thanks. You and "Earthling" have given me something to think about.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds