Dell Desktop + Dell Printer = "No Problem", Correct?!?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by grc123, Nov 15, 2011.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

I still, after all these years, and all these posts, do "not KNOW" a great deal about how much of this works...I simply "know" (like any chimp) when it's working, and when it's not.

I can not imagine that it could be much more simple than this, however, in any event . . .

Dell Inspiron 531 Desktop (3-4 years of age now), running Vista Home/Basic, looking to "HOOK-UP" (partner/mate - WORK together) with a 2-3 year-old Dell Photo 926 (AIO) Printer ... Period.

There is a long thread here from a couple years ago chronicling and detailing all the laborious efforts at repeatedly attempting to make this happen . . . in fact, there have been at least two attempts with other brands/makes of printer. I'm debating whether or not to link it here or not (??), as it may only serve to complicate the issue, at this late date.

I am very much please wanting (needing) this to happen...and simply "must" give it at least one more final concerted effort.

Thanks VERY much, in advance to any/all comers,
    glenn . . .
    PS - I really am no "Geek/Major-Geek...more like a "Faux (wannabe) Geek" or a "Plastic-(wannabe)-Geek" . . . something to that effect . . .

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. oma

oma MajorGeek

There's a link from Dell that tells you exactly what to do. http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3528/t/19306923.aspx Try to follow the instructions of the first post first. Hope it will work for you. If it doesn't, perhaps others will chime in as I don't have that printer nor Vista. Also do this:
    to remove error messages. I would do that first prior to following the instructions of the 1st post. Good luck Glenn.

3. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Wow thank you very much oma...this looks great (new options!), at least, and especially, the community link.

I will also follow the procedure(s) outlined as well, exactly as you've laid-it-out.

Thank you again - much~!

4. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Ok, believe it or not, I'm not sure which to select here (screenshot).

I am currently on a small HOME "Network" - 2 machines - but am soon hoping to add at least one, perhaps two more...

Thanks in advance,
    grc . . .

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds