Driver help

Discussion in 'Software' started by kickphat, Aug 6, 2008.

1. kickphat

kickphat Private E-2

Driver Updater Pro is saying i'm missing 12 drivers. I'm only using the free version so it wont let me download the drivers and i'm having trouble find them using google. I'm missing 5 USB controller drivers, 5 system device drivers, 1 IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, and 1 sound driver. My motherboard model is a SpringdaleG, chipest is a intel 865G-M

2. kickphat

kickphat Private E-2

ok i got all the drivers fixed besides 1 as i broke down and just bought Driver Updater Pro and the file it says to download to fix the error is the same one that i downloaded for my other ones but every time i run Driver updater pro it keeps saying it is out of date

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

It's too late to tell you this now, but all your drivers could have been found and installed , without any cost.

What driver is giving you the problem now? And what is your OS?

4. kickphat

kickphat Private E-2

intel_inf_9.1.0.1002 wont update the ATA Storage Controllers plus now my sound wont work i'm getting Code 10 from the AC'97 Audio plus i'm running XP pro

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Give this a try:

[FONT=Arial,helvetica]INF Update Utility - [/FONT][FONT=Arial,helvetica]9.0.0.1008[/FONT]

Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

This will help us look for the proper sound driver for your mother board.

6. kickphat

kickphat Private E-2

i got the sound the work while i was waiting for you to replay, plus the file you gave me to download is an older version than the one i have will this over write all my drivers or just the ATA Storage controller

7. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I just noticed this in the details of that chipset download:
    Everest will also help determine what is the proper chipset driver if the one I supplied doesn't work.
    (that page also says "Primarily for Intel® 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets", but includes the 865 chipset family)

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

9. kickphat

kickphat Private E-2

here is my report

Attached Files:

10. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

This is your motherboard page.

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Downloads/ProductsDetail_Download.aspx?detailid=320&DetailName=Driver&DetailDesc=&CategoryID=1&MenuID=6&LanID=9

Click "Drivers" to the right of "New" and you will see all the drivers for your board.
    The IDE is actually your chipset.
    Your audio driver is also there. Reinstall it, after you get your chipset straightened out.

"New" shows your INF driver version date to be 2007/03/06. If the one I supplied you doesn't work, try that one. Updates don't fix a problem if you weren't having one.

11. kickphat

kickphat Private E-2

ok i have one more problem i got this PCI to USB 2.0 card and the cd that came with it doesn't have the right drivers because i can't get my external harddrive to show up when i hook it up the light turn on but it doesn't show up in My Computer

12. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Do you have a model number and a make?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds