Deferred procedure calls and hardware interrupts using 90% of CPU

Discussion in 'Software' started by PaeP3nguin, Nov 29, 2009.

1. PaeP3nguin

PaeP3nguin Private E-2

This problem seems to mostly occur when I am gaming so I think it might be a driver problem. I have updated my graphics card driver but the problem still doesn't go away. I can play games for anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours before this happens. I will be in the middle of gaming and then suddenly, with no warning, everything will just slow down all of a sudden. When I exit the game, I can see that all 4 of my CPU cores are running at 80%+ but windows task manager shows nothing hogging that much CPU. Process explorer, however shows two processes, DPCs and Hardware interrupts taking up 60% and 30% respectively. They have no process id and cannot be killed or ended. I have tried booting in safe mode but few of my games function in safe mode. I have looked at other threads but none seem to have the same problem as mine or provide little help. It does not use any more RAM than usual.

System Info:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (Recently upgraded, problem did not occur before upgrade)
    AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3 Ghz (As you can see, it's a fast system that shouldn't be having any problems)
    Pegatron Corporation Violet Motherboard nForce 720a chipset
    AMI BIOS version 5.17
    6 GB Samsung DDR2 RAM @ 400Mhz
    nVidia GeForce GTS 250 Graphics card w/ 1 GB of VRAM
    640 GB WDC hard drive
    1 DVD drive
    Logitech Audio Hub speakers
    Norton Internet Security (Yes, yes, norton sucks, it came with the computer and has a 18 month license)

None of this is overclocked

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

How old is the computer?

I assume it is a custom build?

Are there any !s or ?s in device manager?

Do you have any cards in PCI-E x1 or PCI slots?

3. PaeP3nguin

PaeP3nguin Private E-2

I just bought this computer a few months ago

Bought from HP online store it's the e9105z, dunno if they still sell, they built it

Nothing strange showing up in device manager, everything appears normal

As to PCI slots, I haven't opened the case on my system yet :p I think the only thing in the PCI slots is my graphics card.

4. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

When you ordered the PC did you get it direct from HP?

If so what options did you choose?

5. PaeP3nguin

PaeP3nguin Private E-2

Yes, it was direct from HP, they mailed it to me.

What options? well... the processor was an upgrade, so were the graphics card, RAM, hard drive and wireless N adapter. I think everything else was default.

6. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Okay then. If the computer is still within warranty, I would recommend taking it up with HP as anything we recommend here may invalidate the warranty.

7. PaeP3nguin

PaeP3nguin Private E-2

bleh :p I should have thought of that... I'll ask them and see what happens, thanks anyways

8. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

No problem.:)

9. PaeP3nguin

PaeP3nguin Private E-2

Just curious, what would you be having me do?

10. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I am stumped so that is why I suggested contacting HP.:-o:-D

11. PaeP3nguin

PaeP3nguin Private E-2

:-D That just made my day. TYVM

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds