Hccutils.dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by dalkiel, Jun 17, 2013.

1. dalkiel

dalkiel Private First Class

Hi

When my laptop starts i get three popups with

Igfxtray.exe system error
    Hccutils.dll is missing

Hkcmd.exe system error
    Igfxpers.exe system errors as well due to same missing file.

How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance.

2. dalkiel

Running win 7

3. dalkiel

Forgot to mention that i downloaded the hccutils.dll file and copied it into the system64 folder.

I also tried running scannow to fix any errors . The end report of scannow stated there were no irregularities.

The problem still persists.

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

The errors you're getting are related to the graphics driver. Even on 64 bit Windows 7, there's a System 32 folder (C:\Windows\system32) and the hccutils.dll file should have gone into that folder.

There's additional information here and here that may be helpful.

5. dalkiel

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I copied the hccutil.dll file to both folders. No luck

I had located the link you sent me earlier before i first started this topic with the three steps to fix it and tried the first 2 and it didnt work. I downloaded the hccutil.dll file and copied it but it didnt hellp. I hope its a genuine file because the site had a "fix it" program for sale as well.

I noticed that my nvidia card is not being detected which is probably causing the problem. When running VLC player the sound plays but no picture. Games dont load either.

I went to the nvidia site and downloaded the latest drives and installed them but the problem persists.

From device manager I checked the display drivers and they didnt need any updates. As for the video card itself - it doesnt apppear on the device list on sound video and game controllers(it does appear in the display adapters section though)

The video card is a nvidia geforce gt 640m
    Im running win 7 home premium.

I think once i get the videocard sorted out the hccutil problem will be fixed as well.

Advice?

Thanks in advance.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Make and exact model of computer?
    You might need chipset drivers, not files from nvidia but ratehr from your laptop manufacturer.

Have you tried restoring to a time before the errors appeared?

7. dalkiel

Hi

Thanks for your reply

The make and model is - MS! cx61

I did try to restore it awhile back but the problem persists. Unfortunately the last backup may been after the problem occurred.

Is there a possibility that the card died and the laptop is now using the integrated card?

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Generally laptops do not have cards. The video is a chip on the motherboard.
    If the video chip dies, you would not see a thing on the screen.

Drivers here http://www.msi.com/product/nb/CX61.html
    Unfortunately, I need more than MS1 CX61, there are 6 models each with a different NVidia chop
    (CX61 0OD) (CX61 0OC) (CX61 0NF) (CX61 0NE) (CX61 0ND) (CX61 0NC)
    oops I see you mentioned GT640M, which means your model is CX61 0ND

Drivers http://www.msi.com/product/nb/CX61.html#/?div=Driver&os=Win7 64

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  9. dalkiel

Thanks again.

I had downloaded the graphic card drivers and installed them earlier. I tried it again with a clean install hoping the second time would fix it but the same problem persists. Once the laptop is rebooted I still get the hccutil.dll file missing error.

Another thing - in the control panel when I click on the Nvidia physx (32 bit) icon I get this message

"windows can't find nvicplui.exe"

This is why I thought it was a graphics card error. Even after reinstalling the Nvidia drivers I get the same message.

I guess I need to fix the hccutil.dll issue. I wonder if the hccutil file I downloaded is genuine. I've also done a virus scan as well.
    Suggestions?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds