Gaming Frustration

Discussion in 'Software' started by RBob, Nov 25, 2009.

1. RBob

RBob Private E-2

Ok hello very nice to be here:) i have a small but iratating problem and i nead to know if its my comp or the server i play at....
    Ok..i play an old game called Battlefield Vietnam,know it?
    Played it for about 4 years ..anyhow over the past year or so ill be playing and when a change of map is underway or perhaps in mid game i lose connection and says[Your information doesnt match that of server...]
    So..i restart then i get the message im BAND.. and a day later its ok ! whats going on :confused can anyone tell for sure what it is..any fix for this or is it (parranoia setting in here) The server addmins hate me :cry

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I think you will have to take the connection issue up with the server admin of that game as if they dont like you they could be messing with you and its not an issue with your PC, but more your account on the game server.

3. RBob

RBob Private E-2

Yay a reply, you carnt know how Meany people ive asked that question ov, But how can i be sure?
    :confused

4. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Not sure about the Banned situation, but is your game updated to the version the server is running? in bf2, i wasnt able to join some servers until i upgraded my game to the version the server runs.

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

The server admins might hate someone in an IP range close to yours (translation: someone in that IP range has been banned), and if your router assigns a dynamic IP, it might once in a while assign one in that banned range. Next time it happens, try power-cycling your router and see if that lets you back in.

6. RBob

RBob Private E-2

yep its all up to date,i wouldn't see any at all if it wasn't ,Is their a program i can use to watch what happens then report in :)

7. RBob

RBob Private E-2

King steve, i play BF2 from time to time and no probs there but it does sometimes say that my information doesn't match that of server,but i think thats an automated response and its trying to cover my fault with a reply

8. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Try a different server with a lower ping,you say the admin's hate you so I'm assuming you use the same server.

So try one that's closer and also contact your ISP and ask them to diagnose your connection you could be sending bad data,another likely problem if its just started recently is that you've installed a program that requires internet access while your gaming bogging down your connection.

So make sure no other internet programs are running in the background

9. RBob

RBob Private E-2

Its not ping the server is in London i average about 38 so not so bad but it is run by Germans hehe.When you say i could be sending bad data pleas explain?

10. PsYcHoSiD77

PsYcHoSiD77 Private E-2

11. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

If your connection is corrupting the information due to for example noise on a DSL line,your phone company can test for this,your ISP can fault check your connection to their server.

12. RBob

RBob Private E-2

Thanks ,i think thats fine i live close to exchange etc.Ive just updated pb manually as PsYcho suggested

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds