How secure are remote access services like GotoMypc ???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by akm, Mar 17, 2007.

1. akm

akm Sergeant

Am trying 'GoToMyPc' and it seems to work ok, but am totally not familiar with these types of remote access services.
    Any good place to check them out and compare ?
    'Ad-Aware' alerts it as a 'data miner' with 2-3 different urls... are there certain types of cookies that should be blocked with any of these services ?
    Any opinions, technical info, other advice, etc ?

2. jchawla

jchawla Private E-2

Try WebEx PCNow at http://pcnow.webex.com. In addition to remote access from PC to PC, WebEx PCNow also has mobile access and it costs half of what GoToMyPC costs.

All this services are very secure.

3. craigwarner

craigwarner Private E-2

Hey, in addition to GoToMyPC, you may want to consider GoSupportNow. It works well.

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I always allow 1st Party cookies but block 3rd Party cookies.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

This thread is more than 7 years old!
    I suspect two of the 5 posts are spammers jchawla and craigwarner.

6. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Oops, I missed the date of the OP. :-o

I don't know that the two posters you mention are spammers although they've only posted once apiece. Maybe 7 years ago, they couldn't find info suitable to their needs and just never came back.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds