The Arguments are Invalid

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dboiler, Jan 8, 2009.

1. dboiler

dboiler Private E-2

I'm trying to install a network printer, HP LaserJet M3035 MFP, and everything goes fine (finding the printer, etc.) until it starts installing the Device Drivers. It throws a small window that says "The Arguments are Invalid" with the only option to click OK which throws me back to the start of the installation process. This printer has installed just fine on other systems at the office. All are running XP Pro.

Thanks,

Dave

2. dboiler

dboiler Private E-2

It's been a few days since I posted this and, sorry to say, I had no help here with a fix. However, I was able to get the printer installed. I stumbled upon various "fixes" but this did the trick for me...

Control Panel>Printers and Faxes
    Add Printer>Click next>Local Printer Attached to this computer
    (uncheck auto detect and install)>click next
    (this is what worked for me)
    with "use the following port" selected in the drop down box i had the HP printer name [standard tcp/ip] listed.

since i already had the drivers installed, i hit next, and selected "replace drivers" and it worked like a charm. Seemed odd to first install a networked printer locally, but changing the port worked. All is well.

Dave

3. robertdias

robertdias Private E-2

Thank you for the reply. I have been tearing my hair out trying to get my printer to work via the network; all to no avail and then I tried your solution and it worked first time! As you say, it seems weird to set upa network connection via a local printer connection!

4. shingai musuna

shingai musuna Private E-2

when i am installing the computer eventually says it the arguments are invalid

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds