viewing images

Discussion in 'Software' started by barry r, Dec 14, 2003.

1. barry r

barry r Private E-2

Hiya folks. On a site i frequent I was able to view images ,maps and so forth but of late I have lost this ability for some reason. I have removed software that I had down loaded,Spyblaster and MV I think they where called. Where the image should be displayed I get a box with a red square at the top of the box with a green cicle next and a blue triangle at the bottom. Please what have I done and what do I need to do to rectify the prob. Sorry if this is a silly question but it is outside my knowledge. Thanks in anticipation barry r

2. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

I think that that means that it cannot read the image format.

3. howie

howie Private E-2

Did spyblaster or MV? (whats that?) have any options to immunise or block bad products? and if so did you restore default settings before you uninstalled?
    robo is right baz the more info you give the easier it is to help,
    have you seen this?
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4977

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes a bit more info is always good!

but a quick shot in the dark as sometimes the easy answers are sometimes overlooked... just check this...

in IE goto Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > and make sure their is a tick in "Show Pictures" in the Multimedia section

5. RL Smith

RL Smith Private E-2

I seem to be having the same problem all of the sudden. I cannot view some of the web content or a few documents that are sent to me. I believe that some of the are .swf files. I have tried to change various settings on my computer, but nothing works. I'm wonder if it is a media or flash player problem, but that is beyond my abilities to trouble shot. Any help will be appreciated.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

RL Smith, please start a new thread. It is bad manners to tack a problem onto a thread started by someone else. It is also a bad idea to dredge up a thread from 2003.

Start here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21
    click the New thread button and start your own thread with your problem.

7. RL Smith

RL Smith Private E-2

Sorry about that, I'm kinda new and don't know the site very well. I'll do as you suggest.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds