Strange Error Message

Discussion in 'Software' started by Robert, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Robert

Robert Sergeant

Gah!!!!!
    Just when you think the box will never fail you mine has. Bought a new Digital Camera Olympus 750 - my 3rd Olympus and it works beautifully. The Camedia Software v4.1 refuses to install. I get an error message 80070725 "incompatible version of RPC Stub"
    Setup then terminates. Olympus USA asked me to call by phone to straighten out the problem. Calls from Australia to USA will break my budget - very very expensive let alone the time diffce. Anyone out there able to tell me what the hell the message means?

Merry Xmas to all

Robert

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/q321/9/15.asp&NoWebContent=1

3. wk990

wk990 Private E-2

maybe you need a plus 2 usb card or the usb is not active in your cmos,, just a thought

4. Robert

Robert Sergeant

Thank you responders. For Kodo - followed the link to M$ for the SR1A upgrade (it took 159 mins to download - oh for a faster link!!) but I still got the error mesage. Guess Office 2000 is all the better for it but I have fears of M$ upgrades which often solve one problem and create a plethora of others. Ring a bell out there anywhere?
    For all - Apologies for not including system details on my original whinge.
    In the event I finished up with Olympus Japan who have advised me to delete a hidden folder in W98Se which I will do after the Xmas influx of sons daughters and grand kids.
    Aw - and a few bottles of Aussie beer (It's hot out here), some nice wine and a helluva good time
    God Bless you All
    Robert

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds