Mats-Temp

Discussion in 'Software' started by peterr, Apr 1, 2012.

1. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Hello
    I ran %temp% but this folder is locked and stays in the temp folder after several runs.
    Can I possibly and safely right click and remove it will it go away, or.....?
    Thank you
    Peter

2. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

If you can't delete the folder as it says it locked. You can download a small program called unlocker that will tell you what program is locking the folder and you can delete the folder that way as it unlocks and deletes at the same time.

Hope this helps

3. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

>>Do you know if it is safe to remove a locked folder from the %temp% location?

4. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Perhaps you could use the 'find handle' feature in Process Explorer or Process Hacker to see what process(es) have an open handle to the directory.

5. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Hello
    I ran Ccleaner's Windows cleaner not the Reg cleaner and it removed the folder.
    I should have done this before I posted.
    Thank you for the advice.
    Peter

6. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

I'm sorry but besides the task manager, I don't know about these processes.
    Are they programs?
    I think you are saying that something maybe in use and therefore needs to run-no?

7. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Nifty little tool -thanx.

8. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

You are welcome peterr. Glad to help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds