newbie needs help II

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by d14099, Oct 15, 2004.

1. d14099

d14099 Private E-2

to continue
    i have norton system works installed, it only goes back a few hours to revert the drive ??
    system restore works funny i have turned it on and off but it only keeps a restore date for a short period of time, then it doesnt restore
    i realize these are a bunch of random questions but i could really use the help, as far as the software issues could you send me a contact phone number and conveint time to call so one of you computer gods could help me out my email address is ddamelio@tampabay.rr.com
    any help will be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    david

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

well first of all keep posting on ur same post; you dont need to post same problem over and over agian. 2ndly; you have an inccorect jumper setting on the mobo this is common with gigabyte; i have 3 gigabyte mobos and the jumpers were wrong on all of them limiting fsb to 100. look at your manual how to change this jumper. If you dont have SATA drives (two or more) dont worry about raid. Unsure why are you reverting ur copy of wxp if u just had a new install of it. If your using stock cooling you shouldnt over clock at all.

3. d14099

d14099 Private E-2

thanks for the fast reply !!!!
    i know about the jumpers, what would i change them to as far as setting, 100, 200 ect? im sorry i didnt mention the cooling, the computer has 11 80 mm cooling fans,6 exhaust and 5 intake, also i am using the zen aluminum radiator with 2 fans cpu cooler and the 2 ps have 3 fans between them
    as far as system restore some programs werent operating correctly so i decided to revert the system back
    thanks again
    david

4. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

No offense but that many fans im not sure it helps at all; because that seems your totaly destroying your air flow... Jumper wise theres only 1 setting either locked @ 100fsb or not..its a single jumper near the cpu core somewhere..

5. d14099

d14099 Private E-2

it is locked on the 100 setting what should it be changed to?

6. d14099

d14099 Private E-2

i went to the manual and i changed the setting from 100 to 133, the cpu speed went from 1368 to 1835, but when the system boots sometimes i got a disc error message then after it repaired the corruption it started but 1 0ut of 3 boots it would go back to the error message, ichecked the bios and the clock wasnt enabled so i enabled it it did the same thing
    what am i doing wrong
    the chip is supposed to be 2200 the system says 1500+, but the utility says 1368
    im confused
    i checked the cpu temp and it is at 87 f

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds